An included CAT/Power cable interfaces with your FT-817/818. This makes it an integrated tuner powered by the interface; no extra power cables are needed. Just press the tune button on the tuner and the mode is set to the carrier, the RF power is reduced, a tune cycle runs and the radio is returned to the original settings. A CAT pass-through port is provided for computer control.
Like most LDG tuners the Z-817 operates automatically, beginning a tuning cycle whenever the user presses the tune button on the tuner. It also features LDGs advanced memory tuning, providing 2,000 memory locations; when tuning near a previously used frequency it will recall the settings for nearly instant tuning. It learns your favourite frequencies and bands as you use it. You can also start a tuning cycle manually whenever necessary.
- RF Power 0.1 to 20 watts SSB, CW and digital modes
- Latching relays for ultra low power consumption
- Battery operated 4 x 1.5V Alkaline AA (not included)
- Built-in CAT port interface. CAT thru port for computer connection
- 2000 memories when used with FT-817 interface (200 memories for other radios)
- 1.8 to 54 MHz coverage (continuous coverage for MARS)
- Tunes 6 to 600 ohms (about 10:1 SWR range). 16 to 150 on 6M (about 3:1)
- SO-239 in and out connections for dipoles, verticals, beams, G5RV, OCF, Cobra, etc
- Dimensions: 5.1″ (L) x 4.7″ (W) x 1.7″ (H)
- Includes 1 foot CAT cable