The HT649 GMDSS is MED certified and carries the essential Wheel Mark logo. For those requiring a, no compromise, fully-featured GMDSS portable with high visibility back-lit LCD, the HT649 GMDSS will exceed the expectations of even the most experienced radio user.
The first time you handle Entel’s HT649 GMDSS Series 2.0 portable you will be impressed by its superior build quality. From the rugged ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand, to the exceptionally loud audio, the HT649 GMDSS Series 2 portable easily outclasses the competition.
The HT649 GMDSS Series 2 portable is built to MIL-STD 810 C / D / E / F for tough enduring performance, is fully Submersible to IP68 (2 meters depth for 4 hours) and is available in two packages:
- HT649 P1 – Package of radio & Primary one-shot emergency battery.
- HT649 P2 – Package of radio with Primary one-shot emergency battery, secondary Li-Ion rechargeable battery & charger.
- Frequency Range: 156 – 163.275 MHz
- Channels: 19 INT, USA & CAN Marine channels
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz
- Communication Method: Simplex / semi duplex
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohm
- Antenna: Whip / stubby
- Battery Type: Primary – Lithium / Secondary – 2000 mAh Li-Ion
- Power Supply Voltage: 7.4V DC
- Current Drain (nominal): 40 mA
- Primary Duty Cycle (10/10/80) / Secondary Duty Cycle (5/5/90): > 8 hours / 14.5 hours
- Microphone: Internal condenser microphone
- Operating Temperature: -20° to +55°C
- Construction: MIL-STD 810 C / D / E / F
- IP Rating: IP68 (2 meters depth for 4 hours)
- Size (mm): 59.5(W) x 130(H) x 37(D)
- Weight: 277g with battery and aerial
- Power Output: 1.3 W
- Modulation: 8K0G3E / 16K0G3E
Environmental Protection to IP68 (2 meters for 4 hours): The practical HT649 Series 2.0 GMDSS portable enjoys an IP68 (2 meters for 4 hours) rated construction, which means that it is dust protected and fully Submersible.
MILSTD 810 C / D / E / F: Meeting MIL-STD 810 C / D / E / F and providing commercial-grade construction for tough, enduring performance. Entel’s HT649 Series 2.0 GMDSS portable conforms to stringent standards, enabling it to withstand the everyday rigours of shock, vibration and the corrosive effects of dust and moisture, ensuring many years of trouble-free use.
Primary Lithium One-Shot Emergency Battery: The HT649 Series 2.0 GMDSS portable is supplied with a Lithium battery as standard. With a 4-year shelf life you are assured of a full charge as and when you need to use Entel’s Primary Emergency battery.
2000 mAh Secondary Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery: Optionally the HT649 Series 2.0 GMDSS portable can also be supplied with the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion Secondary battery. One key advantage of Lithium-Ion battery technology is the way it eliminates the «memory effect» meaning there is no need to fully discharge your battery before recharging. Therefore you have assured a full charge each and every time you take your Entel battery from its charger.
Robust Accessory Socket: The socket has been specifically designed so that when an accessory is secured to the portable, the connection can withstand any amount of punishment; from dropping to careless misuse. Furthermore, the securing bolt incorporates a shearing point to protect the connector.
Channels: The HT649 portable provides all INT, USA & CAN Marine channels.
Keylock: To avoid accidental operation your radios keys & controls can be locked by the user or, if set, automatically by the radio.
VOX Hands-Free (with audio accessory): When using an Entel VOX enabled audio accessory, your HT649 portable can operate totally hands-free. All you need to do is talk and the HT649 portable will automatically transmit for you.
Scan: The HT649 Series portable has the facility to scan for an active channel. When the channel is found, the radio will automatically select the channel for you.