The antenna will operate at all frequencies in the 1.8 – 30 MHz band without any adjustment with most modern internal antenna tuners. It is ideal for use in conjunction with modern, digitally configured, HF communication transceivers where features such as ALE and frequency hopping require true broadband capability. No masts or guying are required.
The CHA TD can also be used without an antenna tuner, as the SWR will stay under 2.5:1 between 10M and 80M and under 2.75:1 on 160M.
The antenna will work successfully supported by trees, masts, the tops of vehicles or any convenient object or structure. The antenna works most effectively when elevated at a reasonable height, but if no support is available it will also radiate (with limited efficiency) when stretched out on the ground.
The radiation pattern of the antenna has a significant vertical component at all frequencies, making it ideal for NVIS applications.
- Power: 300W SSB or 100W CW
- RF Connection: PL-259
- VSWR: Subject to configuration
- Length: 2 x 60’
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Frequency: 10M – 160M
- All stainless steel hardware
- Two 60’ Copper Clad KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70°C to 150°C) wire (Antenna)
- Two 25’ Copper Clad KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70°C to 150°C) wire(Counterpoises)
- Two 300 Ohm Termination Resistors (300W SSB or 100W CW)
- 50’ Paracord 550
- Four Tent Stakes
- 50’ RG-58 (PL-259 connectors) & Integrated RFI Choke
- EmComm II Transformer Unit