Chameleon Antenna has now developed this exciting new product of deployable HF magnetic loop antennas. Commonly known as small transmitting loops, they have been used for many years in military, diplomatic and shipboard HF communication links where reliable radio communication is essential. Recently, small loop antennas have become accessible to amateur radio enthusiasts. In comparison to a short vertical whip antenna, which needs to be tuned against earth or a full-sized vertical antenna, these loops boast the advantage of being independent of ground planes and earth for successful operation; this unique feature is especially beneficial when limited space or portability are musts.
The CHA F-LOOP 3.0 Antenna was designed to offer a combination of lightweight portability, versatility and cost efficiency that makes it an ideal choice for those in RV/camping situations, hotels, apartments or condominiums – even when homeowner’s associations or deed restrictions or CCRs are in place. It’s also beneficial for Shortwave Listening (SWL) where putting up more substantial antennas isn’t an option. Its advanced technology is sure to impress with the performance it delivers – making it the top portable magnetic loop antenna on the market today.
The crimp PL-259 connectors that we’re using with all our RG-58 are UHF-7604L connectors from PAN-PACIFIC. They’re the best and the leader in the industry.
- There is no need for soldering; therefore, installation time is reduced.
- It takes an experienced technician about 15 seconds to install a crimp-crimp connector, thereby greatly reducing the time required to create cable assemblies. This is very important in today’s cabling market where time is of the essence and fewer technicians are being asked to maintain more and more equipment. Digital video, computer and network cabling is almost universally crimped today.
- Crimped connections, done correctly, can be superior to soldered connections.
- A good crimped connection deforms the metal sufficiently past the yield point, but not too much, so that the “spring back” keeps the connection secure, even under thermal cycling (the coefficient of expansion of the two metals might be different) and vibration.
- A good crimp connection is gas tight and won’t wick: it is sometimes referred to as a “cold weld”.
- Like the solder method, it can be used on solid or stranded conductors, and provides a good mechanical and electrical connection.
- 3.5 MHz to 29.7 MHz (80 – 10 meter ham bands)
- Power Handling: 10 W CW or 25 W SSB
- Proprietary solderless aluminium coupling loop. This coupling loop design can be used with any types of coax cable feed-lines. Because of its rigidity, the antenna tuning will remain stable, consistent and will prevent SWR fluctuations due to usual coupling loop deformation.
- The three sections collapsible portable mast allows easy storage, fast deployment, and ease of use in all conditions. No need to play with multiple tubular PVC sections to assemble the antenna.
- The bottom of the telescopic mast is equipped with a stainless steel 3/8-24 threaded hole for easy tripod installation on the tuning box 3/8-24 screw.
- The 12’ RG-58 with integrated RFI choke feed-line decouples the coupling loop from the radio which is essential to prevent SWR fluctuation while rotating the antenna or moving the coax cable around.
- Our custom-made capacitors which are equipped with a 6:1 reducer, offer a smooth and consistent tuning while providing the highest efficient performance on the market.
- Shoulder Bag
- Larger Delrin tuning knob for smoother tuning and operation.
- The base of the tuning unit is equipped with an aluminium anodized base plate. That base plate can be placed directly on a flat surface or can be mounted on a tripod (14-20 thread or 3/8 through hole for CHA JAWMOUNT installation).
The CHA F-LOOP 3.0 Basic antenna system consists of:
- CHA F-LOOP 3.0 tuning box
- 2 X LMR-400 coax cable radiators (10M – 80M)
- Dual Female connector
- 12’ RG-59 Coax with integrated RFI choke feed-line
- Shoulder Bag
- Proprietary coupling loop 6.5″
- Telescopic Mast
- User Guide